French Summer Language & Adventure Camp for Post-Junior Cycle
Donegal Adventure Centre is renowned for its Language & Adventure programme during the academic year. So, for summer 2020 we are offering a 7 day Leaving Certificate French language course.
What happens on a language & adventure camp?
The French language course is a 7-night full board programme. Arriving on Sunday afternoon and departing the following Sunday after breakfast. Monday to Friday from 9.30am – 12.30pm is when the language workshop takes place. The afternoon is spent doing land and water activities.
Our evening programme consists of many different options such as bowling, cinema, campfire, BBQ and talent shows. We allow some down time when students can use their phones and chill out with a light supper before lights out at 11pm.
On Saturday’s the students will be heading off on a full day excursion to somewhere exciting such as Derry City, Titanic Belfast, Galway or Sligo.
Who can attend?
This programme is suitable for post Junior Cycle students and pre-Leaving Certificate students.
Where do the classes and activities take place?
The classes take place the Donegal Adventure Centre’s fully equipped classroom.
The Donegal Adventure Centre offers a great variety of water and land activities. All of our activities are a short walk away or a 5-minute bus ride to the closest beach where you will find fantastic waves for surfing.
Why choose the Donegal Adventure Centre?
- 15 hours of high-quality lectures over 5 days, delivered by highly experienced teachers who are currently practicing and work as Leaving Certificate examiners.
- 24-hour supervision with first aid trained and Garda vetted staff.
- Student’s are supervised and occupied at all times.
- Original classwork booklets created by highly qualified teachers.
- A fantastic range of high-quality activities delivered by fully qualified instructors who are Garda-vetted, first aid and child protection trained.
- Fully insured Adventure Centre with stringent health & safety procedures in place.
- Failte Ireland approved accommodation and facilities.
Classes are held 5 mornings a week (Monday – Friday) between 9.30am and 12.30pm. The classes will prepare post Junior Cycle students for upcoming examinations. The classes will focus on all sections of the Leaving Cert exam paper.
- Specific notes targeting comprehensions, vocabulary, grammar, written, aural and oral.
- Particular emphasis will be on exam technique and tips for each section of the exam paper and students putting these key skills into practice during workshops.
- Workshops will highlight success criteria on each section of the exam paper.
After lunch at 1pm, the students will participate in a wide range of recreational water and land activities such as surfing, cliff jumping, sea-kayaking, high ropes climbing, archery, orienteering, niteline, GAA games and many more.
Evening activities consist of footgolf, bowling, cinema, team building, campfire, BBQ, arcade games and a disco in the Bowling Alley on their final night.
Please note: The students are not required to speak in French during the activities.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served on site in our Restaurant. Breakfast is continental style with a selection of breads, cereals, fruit, yogurt and tea/coffee. Lunch is a buffet style with a varied selection of hot and cold food that is rotated daily. Dinner is a choice of three main courses and dessert. All our meals are home-cooked and all dietary requirements are catered for.
The centre offers ensuite- dorm style rooms that sleep between 2 and 6 students in each room.
Boys and girls will sleep in separate rooms on different floors. Bed linen is provided. Students are required to bring their own towels.
The instructors are involved in the recreational water and land activities are mainly of Irish origin. All our instructors are fully qualified in their own discipline with a minimum of two years’ experience working with youths, first aid trained, Garda vetted, Sport Ireland level 1 Safeguarding trained.
How to book
Contact the office via email or phone and the booking form will be emailed to you on the same day.
Dates & Cost
Sunday 7th – Sunday 15th June 2020
€565 per student
Course fees are inclusive of accommodation, meals, 15 hours of tuition, and activities.
A deposit of €200 must be paid on booking. The balance is due 4 weeks in advance of the course starting. Fees can be paid in instalments. Contact our office for more information. We accept card payments, bank transfers and cheques. All cheques must be made payable to The Donegal Adventure Centre LTD.
9.30am Language class
2.00pm Water/Land Activity
6.30pm Evening programme
9.30pm Light Super and phone time
11.00pm Lights out